Saribung Expedition 6387m.
Fixed Departure: April 14, 2015
Latitude: 27° 51′ 42″
Longitude: 86° 51′ 50″
Trip Duration: 25 Days
Normal Ascent Route: Normal route
Group required: Minimum 2 person, Max. 16 person.
Caravan Route: KTM –Pokhara – Jomsom- Mustang - Phu village -Besi Shahar
Mt. Saribung Peak 6387m. lies in the isolated in Damodar Himal as well as near Damodar Kunda and closed to border of Tibet and Nepal. Saribung Peak climbing is Ideal Mountain for those who wish to get off the beaten track of Lo-Manthang which is recently introduced. Till date, only a few of climbers have reached to the summit of this Peak. This peak is a technical climbing though considered to be a challenging expedition due to altitude variation and remoteness of the area. Stretched dry rugged terrain and glacier travel mode for the most part with at the most a couple of sections of fixed line requiring the use of a jumar and other climbing gears.
The route initially follows the Upper Mustang Trek to Lo-Manthang and Lury Gompa before heading off into the wilds of Namta Khola Valley. After ascending the peak summit, we trek to Phu Valley in Manang district at Besi Shahar and drive back to Kathmandu.
- If you have your own private group or team, please e-mail us to know the price and details of expedition.
- If you are alone and looking for a group to join then visit our fix-departure expedition information.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Free.
Day 03: Fly or, drive Kathmandu - Pokhara then transfer to Hotel.
Day 04: Fly Pokhara - Jomsom, then trek to Kagbeni 2720m. O/N Lodge/Camp
Day 05: Trek Kagbeni - Chele (3050m.) O/N Camp (Enter restricted Area)
Day 06: Trek Chele - Geling (3540m.)
Day 07: Trek Geling – Tsarang (3560m.)
Day 08: Trek Tsarang – Lo Manthang (3750m.)
Day 09: Exploration day at Lo-Manthang
Day 10: Trek Lo-Manthang – Dhi Gaon (3360m.)
Day 11: Trek Dhi Gaon - Lori Gompa.
Day 12: Trek Lori Gompa - Ghuma Tanthi.
Day 13: Trek Ghuma Tanthi - Namta Khola.
Day 14: Trek Namta Khola - Saribung Base Camp (5240m.)
Day 15: Rest day at Saribung Base Camp.
Day 16: Trek Base Camp - Saribung Pass.
Day 17: Climb to the summit of Saribung Peak 6387m. back to BC.
Day 18: Trek Base Camp - Nogaru.
Day 19: Trek Nogaru – Phu Village.
Day 20: Rest day at Phu village.
Day 21: Trek Meta – Koto. (Exit restricted Area)
Day 22: Trek Koto – Dharapani.
Day 23: Trek Dharapani – Bhulbhule.
Day 24: Drive Bhulbhule to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 25: Spare days for flight delay/cancellation.
Day 26: Last minute transfer to airport for your onward journey.
Minimum 4 pax in group, expedition Cost: USD 3600 Per Person.
- We will provide you the expedition cost as per your size of group or, as per your requirement for the expedition service. We request you to e-mail us or, use "Book Expedition" form for send us your message.
- Above given cost does not include the climbing Sherpa’s food & fuel, tents, climbing gears and summit bonus above advance base camp.
- Hiring a extra high altitude Sherpa does cost USD 900 USD. This cost includes equipment allowances, daily wages, food and fuel up to base camp, insurance, flight to and from Kathmandu, sleeping tents at BC etc…
Service Includes up to Base Camp
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, 1 Night Pokhara at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Air Ticket: Pokhara/Jomsom for member and Expedition staffs with Airport taxes, cargo Fees.
- Transport of food supply & expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board basis camping during the trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs.
- All kitchen tent, dining tents, toilet tent, Table, Chairs and cooking utensils for BC.
- Service of Cook and kitchen boys at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of Guide, Cook, kitchen boys & Porters.
- Insurance for Cook, kitchen boys and porters.
- Expedition Permit fee of Mt. Saribung.
- Special permit of Mustang and Nar-Phu Valley.
- Annapurna Conservation Area project (ACAP) entrance fees
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 30 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or Barrel for each member.
- Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp on nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical Oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee, Garbage deposit.
- Agency service charges.
Service doesn't Include:
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp, Climbing Guide.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.