International Mt. Himlung Expeditions
Fixed Departure: April 07, 2014 – October 01, 2014
Longitude: 83°. 25.′19″
Trip Duration: 30 Days
Normal Ascent Route: Normal route
Caravan Route: Ktm-Besi shahar-Dharapani-Koto-Meta-Himlung BC
Mt. Himlung Himal is one of the recently opened peaks for climbing and is located between Manaslu and Annapurna ranges. This expedition takes you through remote villages Nepal and Tibet border. Passing through two interesting Tibetan villages of Nar and Phu. Base camp will be established at the height of 4900m. which is located at the upper border of one of pastures belong to Phu.
Normally three high camps will be established to reach the Summit. Camp I at the height of 5450m, Camp II at 6000m and Camp III at 6350m. Our trek start from Besishahar to BC and will back to same route to Kathmandu.
- If you have your own private group or team, please e-mail us to know the price and details of expedition.
- If you are alone and looking for a group to join then visit our fix-departure expedition information.
- 29 Days Trek/Climbing
- Food: Included except main meals in Kathmandu
- Accommodation: 5 Nights Kathmandu, 28 Nights Teahouse/Camping
- Recommended Season: Spring & Autumn
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Preparation for Expedition.
Day 03: Official work for expedition & briefing at Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04: Kathmandu – Khudi by Bus, trek to Bhulbhule & Overnight.
Day 05: Bhulbhule – Jagat 1314m.
Day 06: Jagat – Dharapani 1943m.
Day 07: Dharapani – Koto 1314m.
Day 08: Koto – Dharamsala.
Day 09: Trek to Kyang.
Day 10: Trek to Phu Gaun.
Day 11: Trek to Base Camp.
Day 12-27: Climbing Period of Mt. Himlung 7126m.
Day 28: Trek to Kyang.
Day 29: Trek to Dharamsala.
Day 30: Trek to Danakyu.
Day 31: Trek to Tal.
Day 32: Drive from BhulBhule to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 33: Kathmandu free.
Day 34: Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
Expedition Cost: Service up to Base Camp on group joining basis;
: USD 3,485 Per Person. (if 4 person in group) Spring
: USD 3,155 Per Person. (if 4 person in group) Autumn
- We will provide you the expedition cost as per your size of group or, as per your requirement for the expedition service. We request you to e-mail us or, use "Book Expedition" form for send us your message.
- Above given cost does not include the climbing Sherpa’s food & fuel, tents, climbing gears and summit bonus above advance base camp.
- Hiring a high altitude Sherpa does cost USD 2500. This cost includes equipment allowances, daily wages, food and fuel up to base camp, insurance, flight to and from Kathmandu, sleeping tents at BC etc…
Expedition Service includes:
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class Hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per given itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff & Liaison officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp & back.
- Peak permit fee.
- Full board basis during the trekking and expedition.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs & tables at the base camp.
- Cook and Kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 30 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff & Liaison officer.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, barrel for each member.
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use. (Pay calls).
- Emergency Oxygen -Mask and regulator.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Agency service charges.
Service does not include:
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Visa extension.
- Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Service above Base Camp.
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Applicable permit fees & customs charges, etc. for personal SAT phone, Walkie-Talkie communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Oxygen bottles with mask and regulator-Poisk Oxygen System (available on requst).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, etc.
- International airport departure tax & tourist tax.
- Garbage deposit.
- Tips and climbing bonus.