International Tukuche Peak Expeditions
Fixed Departure: March 25, 2014 - Sept. 25 and Oct. 10, 2013
Latitude: 28° 44′ 45″
Longitude: 83° 33′ 43″
Trip Duration: 30 Days
Normal Ascent .Route: North West Ridge
Caravan Route: KTM-Pokhara-Beni Bazaar-Marpha-Yak Kharka-Tukuche BC
Mt. Tukuche peak 6920m. is a one of the beautiful mountain among the Dhaulagiri Himalayas range located in Annapurna Region in front of Dhaulagiri 1st. It is at the northern side one of the wildest Hidden Valley and along with Kaligandaki River flows its bottom. The trekking route follows through Annapurna classic trek and divert from Marpha village to the West, Yak Kharka and path reach to Tukuche Base Camp. It takes about 4/5 days with acclimatization and preparation in the Base Camp to get the summit of this mountain via North East Ridge. First Tukuche ascent was 1969 by Swiss team and total 38 expeditions were tried to climb till 2007, there are 19 team got successes including 72 climbers. The latest successful expedition team was in autumn 2003 from France on North West Ridge.
A magnificent mountain views and valley will be seen during the trek and from Tukuche expedition. After ascent up to Tukuche peak you can see plenty of mountain ranges such as Annapurna Ranges, Tilicho peak, Mt. Nilgiri and also beautiful Thakali villages of Marpha, Tukuche Village, Syang and Jomsom Valley. The journey came to end at Jomsom and then fly back to Pokhara and evenng flight to Kathmandu. This expedition is considered to be low risky but technical solo expedition. So, usually most of climber make their own way using only alpine style setting camp 1 and camp 2 (6,100m.) via North West ridge to get the summit of Tukuche Peak.
Advance Base Camp - 5,100m.
Camp 1 – 5,600m.
Camp 2 – 6,100m.
- If you have your own private group or team, please e-mail us to know the price and details of expedition.
- If you are alone and looking for a group to join then visit our fix-departure expedition information.
- 24 Days Trek/Climbing
- Food: Included except main meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Accommodation: 5 Nights Kathmandu, 1 Pokhara, 23 Nights Lodge/Camping
- Season: Spring & Autumn
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfers to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu free and preparation.
Day 03: Official work for expedition & briefing at Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04: Drive to Pokhara - Beni 820m. & Galeshor & transfers to Hotel.
Day 05: Galeshor– Tatopani 1189m.
Day 06: Tatopani – Ghasa Village 2084m.
Day 07: Ghasa – Marpha Village 2667m.
Day 08: Marpha – Yak Kharka 3680m.
Day 09: Yak Kharka – Hidden Valley.
Day 10: Hidden Valley – Tukuche peak Base Camp.
Day 11 – 24: Climbing period for Tukuche Peak 6920m.
Day 25: Clean up Base Camp and trek back to Yak Kharka.
Day 26: Yak Kharka – Jomsom (2713m.) then transfer to Teahouse Lodge.
Day 27: Jomsom – Pokhara by flight then transfer to Hotel.
Day 28: Pokhara – Kathmandu by flight then transfer to Hotel.
Day 29: Kathmandu Free
Day 30: Last minute, transfers to airport for your onward journey.
Expedition Cost: Service up to Base Camp on group joining basis:
USD 3600 Per Person. (if 1-3 Persons in group)
USD 3100 Per Person. (if 4-7 Persons in group)
USD 2900 Per Person. (if 8-12 Persons in group)
USD 2750 Per Person. (if 13-15 Persons in group)
Climbing Guide (Sherpa): Per guide USD 1900 (If required by climbers)
- We will provide you the expedition cost as per your size of group or, as per your requirement for the expedition service. We request you to e-mail us or, use "Book Expedition" form for send us your message.
- Above given cost does not include the climbing Sherpa’s food & fuel, tents, climbing gears and summit bonus above advance base camp.
- Hiring a high altitude Sherpa does cost USD 2000. This cost includes equipment allowances, daily wages, food and fuel up to base camp, insurance, flight to and from Kathmandu, sleeping tents at BC etc…
Service Includes up to Base Camp
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel & 1 Night in Pokhara on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Jomsom/Pokhara/KTM for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply & expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer & porters.
- Expedition Permit fee of Mt. Tukuche Peak.
- National Park entrance fee (ACAP).
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 30 KG. Expedition equipment’s luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, barrel for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light & charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
Service does not include
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen bottles with mask and regulator-Poisk Oxygen System (available on requst).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.