Mount Everest's Unknown Kangshung Face Trek
(Rigorous trekking, 28 Days, Tibet)
Among the three faces of Everest, the east or Kangshung is undoubtedly the most beautiful area to explore the view. Our signature trip to the Kangshung follows across the forbidden border's itinerary as far as Shekar, where we meet our Sherpas. (We employee Sherpa as our leader in the Himalayas).
From Shekar (Shegar) we drive to Kharta and begin trekking in alpine desert. Laconic yaks will carry our gears. Soon we're reveling in that surprisingly rare Himalayan commodity. Crossing the 4,876 m. pass, we suddenly enter a delicate of Makalu and Chomolongzo. A few days later we enter the Kangshung Valley and the aura of Everest. We spend a couple of days hiking and catching rays of mountain beauty at Pethang Ringmo, a high pasture flanked by looming peaks, including the Goddess Mother herself.
We loop back to Kharta via the 5,181m. Langma La. Back in the rain shadow of Tibet, we drive to a night or two camping by the fabled Rongbuk Monastery, set exquisitely beneath Everest's North Face, then complete the eventful drive to Kathmandu.
Tibet - Tour & Trekking Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing: Swayambhunath, Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath temple and Patan Durbar square. Evening will be briefing for tours to Tibet.
Day 03: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 04: Fly Lhasa, meet our staff at airport then drive to Lhasa Hotel.
Day 05/06: Lhasa sight seeing and acclimatization.
Day 07: Lhasa - Gyantse.
Day 08: Gyantse - Xigatse.
Day 09: Xigatse - Shekar (Shegar).
Day 10: Shekar - Kharta.
Day 11/22: On trek to Kangshung face (Mount Everest east face).
Day 23: Drive to camp at Rongbuk.
Day 24: Rongbuk to Tingri camp.
Day 25: Tingri to Zhangmu.
Day 26: Cross border and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 27: In Kathmandu.
Day 28: Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
The great buttress of Chomolonzo (7,787 m.) from the 4,876 m., camp at Pethang Ringmo, on the Kangshung trek. The first Everest expedition camped here in 1921. Like us, they took in this view with merry hearts, then turned to the right and saw the huge East Face of the Everest, and were surprised.
Tour & Trek Cost: USD 4200 Per Person.
Single Supplement: USD 165
Tour Cost Includes:
- All land transportation by private vehicle (Airport/Hotel/Airport & tours & trekking pick up & drop).
- Sightseeing with professional English speaking tour guide & temple entry fees at Lhasa as per the itinerary.
- 5 Night’s Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at Bed and breakfast basis.
- All three major meals B/L/D (provide continental food) prepared by our own Nepali Cook while on the Tibet tours & Trek. Accommodation in tented camp (twin sharing North Face tent or, normal trekking tent, dining tent, toilet tent, Kitchen tent, staff tent, sleeping mattresses, Table, chairs and Kitchen utensil etc.).
- All transportation in Tibet by 4 WD Land Cruiser and support truck for the entire trip.
- 1 English-speaking expert Tibetan guide.
- Private transportation from Tibet border (Kodari) to Kathmandu.
- Tibet visa, travel permit and all applicable taxes and entrance fees.
- Basic first aid Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews and member.
- Air Ticket: Kathmandu – Lhasa with airport tax.
- All official taxes and service charge.
Tour Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch & dinner during your stay in Kathmandu - Nepal.
- Personal tours & trekking gears as well as sleeping bags.
- Personal Nature expenses. (Extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, accidents, road blockage, and other occurrences beyond our control.)
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: to & from your country.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes. ((It is suggested you apply for a multiple entry visa for Nepal initially saving you the Nepal re-entry fee).
- Personal travel insurance. (Liability for insurance against sickness, accidents, loss of baggage, loss of life etc.)
- Tips for support crews.
Note: We need a name list of each member 60 days before the trip confirmation for flight reservation. Clear passport photocopy of each member which should reach us 30 days before client's arrival in Kathmandu by fax: (0097714415078) or E-mail with jpeg passport size photo.